Thursday, November 17, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

We had Haley over the weekend, she’s a smart, funny and sometimes very bratty almost 4 year old.

She thinks it’s funny to try to stick barrettes to Steve’s bald head, and she thinks it’s funny to tell him he’s a girl, she also loves to open the door, yell something and you and then slam the door.

After a morning of trying to stick clips to Steve’s head, and trying to get him to wear a headband or a tutu, he decided he needed to go to the gym.
Haley opened the door to the garage and yelled “Bye grandpa… don’t forget your purse” slammed the door, and ran away laughing.

Like most little girls, she loves to play dress-up, I handed her the majority of my dresses and she laid them all out in the dining room. She then informed me that they talk. I have a couple that could have been inspired by South American prints. When I asked her what they say, she said, “those ones say Spanish, and the rest say regular.”

When “Here Comes the Sun” came on the iPad, she knew a lot of the words, Steve asked her who sings that, she didn’t know, when he told her The Beatles, she said.
“No grandpa, Beatles don’t sing this song, no flies or other bugs or animals either, it’s some big men”

I asked her if she wanted a granola bar to hold her over until dinner and she said “no I want it to eat”

16 comments:

  1. Haley opened the door to the garage and yelled “Bye grandpa… don’t forget your purse” slammed the door, and ran away laughing

    AHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.

    Haley is PURE comedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too damned adorable!  When kids are funny, they are hysterical.  My grand daughter Abbey Rose went on a "date" with Alex.  The went to lunch and to the "Smurfs" movie.  They both had a really good time.  She wrote Alex a thank you note saying "You are the best date of all".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best date of all!! That's awesome! Her future boyfriends have some big shoes to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is, and it was the snotty way she said it that made it really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous, Madge, and absolutely hysterical! I bet Steve didn't forget his purse after her reminder! LOL! And how come no pictures of Steve in a tutu?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reserve those for private time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my.  she sounds like my 4 year old granddaughter.  too funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is too cute! I want to come over and bake with her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's hilarious! And I can tell she's really sweet too...since she didn't want Steve to forget his purse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. she's really fun when she's not being totally bratty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's been baking since she could talk, she loves it. That's her "other" grandmas's kitchen, but I'm glad that her mom shared the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If she would have stuck her tongue out after saying it it would have been perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think so, but I'm a little prejudice

    ReplyDelete