I'm hooking up with Stashia's Monday Listicles again courtesy of Jen @ Just Jennifer, today's topic is either 10 reasons you want/have kids or 10 reason's you don't.
A little back history…. I have known my husband since I was 10, he’s 17 years older than I am, I don’t remember much about him when I was younger but I sure noticed him when I got older. We got together briefly when I was 18 while he was separated, we parted ways, because I’m not that kind of girl, and by the time I was 21 he was divorced, and his kids were Boy 7 and Girl 9.
|This one's called: You can't give them high 5's or they'll|
do it too much and never learn to cuss elegantly.... I HEART Natalie DEE!!!
So here’s my list
1. I was lucky not to get pregnant in high school, every 28 days I celebrated with Aunt Flo.
2. He is 17 years older than I am, and he already had kids, we had part time custody, so I didn’t need kids of my own because I already had them.
3. He had already been snipped, and we didn’t have the financial resources to un-snip him.
4. I nannied and infant for a year, I got to experience what it was like having an baby 5 days a week for 9 hours. It was exhausting and by the time I got home I had had enough.
5. I’m too selfish with my husband, time, and things. I don’t like to share any of them unless it’s absolutely necessary.
6. When his son was 10 we fought for full custody, the ex told the judge that Steve was an alcoholic, so he voluntarily took the class that they make you take when you get a DUI and he went to AA he stopped drinking completely, and we sacrificed a lot to get the boy. (They learned how to slam shots from their mother). By the time he was 12 he decided that he was going to do what he wanted, when he wanted and there was nothing we were going to do or say to change it. I hated going home, Steve worked nights and I was stuck having to handle this child that wasn’t mine. We shipped him back to his mom at the end of the school year, I couldn’t do it anymore.
7. I pity the foo that has tween children, that really cured me from having any of my own, I will never do tweens again.
8. I had an ablation 2 years ago this April, it is the best thing I could have ever done for myself, and because of that I no longer have a nest for the egg to land in even if I had a momentary lapse of reason and decided I wanted to get pregnant.
9. I have a beautiful granddaughter who is almost 4, we see her often, and she’s a lot of work, fun work, but work, and I’m too old to have that sort of energy around me all the time.
10. I’m happy with the choices I have made to not have kids of my own. Now if I could just get rid of the dogs.