Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Long and Winding Road Trip (1)

My sister turned 50 this year, her birthday is a few weeks before mine. The weekend of the 15th of October we took a sisters road trip. We haven't been away for a weekend together in over 25 years. We started out at the Pt. Defiance Ferry that we rode over to Vashon Island.

Tammi gave me the best hat ever for my birthday!

When we got over to the other side, we walked a little ways through the woods and took pictures of the bicycle tree. I had other pictures of it from several years ago, these are better. It's amazing to me that vandals haven't ripped the poor little bike apart. 

 We had breakfast at The Hardware Store, shopped a little, and left the island.

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen a bicycle tree before. I like it. I really must get one of those hats...it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day!  I love the hat!  I need to get one so I'll stop wearing panties on my head.  Your breakfast looks awesome too!  So glad you girls had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah the hat is cute.  What fun to have a sister trip.  Good for you two.  Now if I only had a sister...oh and if I could go back a few years and only be 50 again.  That would be worth celebrating for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe somebody talked to Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was scrambled eggs with spinach parm, and ground round, pretty amazing. Panties on the head are very becoming, ask the monkeys at Jacques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hat, Steve said I could walk 10 feet ahead of him when I'm wearing it. And I will wear it! You probably have a best friend from grade school that you could go on a sisters trip with.

    ReplyDelete