Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Might Need this Someday....

I have been getting around A LOT the last month, it started the last Thursday in September when our office went to the annual conference in Seattle. I love seeing all my long lost back office friends that I only get to talk to on the phone all year.

One of my friends, we’ll call her T-Cat, gave me this little package, I recognized it immediately as the Safeway sewing kit. Back in the late 70’s when new Safeway stores would open they would hand out these, and flattened sponges, and other little housewifey things. T-Cat held on to this sewing kit all these years, in the original plastic sleeve, knowing that she had it available should such a need arise, and the night before our conference she NEEDED IT!! However, when she opened the sewing kit, it was only needles. She had to send her boyfriend out to buy thread at the mini mart in the dead of night.


12 comments:

  1. Oh now that's too funny!! Ahahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. She could have used it to perform some acupuncture on her boyfriend if the trip to the mini-mart stressed him out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only needles?? What the hell kind of sewing kit is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4.  I know! I guess back in the 70's people already had thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those needles could be used as stealth weapons.  Can you tell I can't sew?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, and I can also tell that Alex works for DFAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what we call contractors at the Department of Defense around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's finance and admin people.  Alex is more of a Rambo type, combat and computer programs and linguistics and satellites.  You know.

    ReplyDelete