One of my pooches, Carli has a toe infection. Googling dog toe infection seemed like the reasonable thing to do, this is what I found.
Dog Saves Man's Life by Biting Off Toe: Jerry Douthett Has Best Hangover Ever(CBS) A
For months, Jerry Douthett had refused to see a doctor for the festering digit, in spite of his wife's pleas and her suspicion that he had out of control diabetes.
About two weeks ago the couple went to a bar, where Douthett told the Grand Rapids Press that he drank four or five beers.
"Jerry had had all these Margaritas, so I just let him sleep," his wife Rosee, a registered nurse, told the paper. "But then I heard these screams coming from the bedroom, and he was yelling, 'My toe's gone, my toe's gone!'"
Kiko, the family dog, had suddenly become a surgeon.
"It wasn't an aggressive attack. He pretty much just ate the infection, so he saved my life," Jerry Douthett said.
He was treated at Spectrum Health in
"Maybe he thought it was not part of Jerry's body," Rosie told the
Jerry Douthett says Kiko, a white terrier with brown ears, is a hero. Now that he knows he is diabetic, he has given up drinking.
What the FUCK!! There are several problems here
1. Dude’s wife is a nurse and didn’t make sure he went to the doctor
2. Rotting flesh stinks, and I know for a fact that you don’t want to be in the same bed with a rottting toe, gross.
3. I imagine their house is a disgusting pit of despair, that you can't smell the rotting toe and chose to do something about it.
4. The dog ate his toe!!! His wife thought it was "great" that it only ate the rotten part!!!
5. I always thought that a cat would eat a person, but a dog wouldn’t, that myth….. BUSTED!!